Monday, July 26, 2010

Acne scars??

well i have some acne scars around my nose and on my forehead that i am tired of. ive tried some products like acne free and right now im using proactiv.... ive been using it for about a month and a half now. what would be a good product that would work? im going back to school in a couple of weeks and i know my acne scars wont go awy that fast but ive had them for over a year! please help!Acne scars??
Buy an over-the-counter medication such as Mederma (good for fading scars of all sorts) in combination with hydroquinone which is a prescription gel used to diminish appearance of skin pigmentation. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser at night and then apply the Mederma-Hydroquinone mixture onto the target areas only!





If you can't get a prescription for Hydroquinone, get a AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) cream which would help rejuvenate your skin. Use that in combination with Mederma. Also invest in an exfoliant to use twice weekly in the mornings. I recommend St. Ives Apricot Scrub.





It also helps if you can go to a dermatologist and get an acid peel done. What an acid peel does is just removing the topmost layer of dead skin of the epidermis. Don't worry about it burning you--the epidermis is entirely composed of dead skin cells. The acid peel would help reduce the appearance of the scars.





Good luck!Acne scars??
Have you gone to a Dermatologist? If not, go see one. Proactiv does not work.Trust me, I have used it, and my mom is a nurse for a dermatologist. Many patients have come in complaining that Proactiv does NOT work. I use Differin gel and Duac gel for my acne and I must say, I have seen GREAT results for acne with these. I'm not sure if they'd be so good for acne scars. Go see a Dermatologist before taking anyone's advice on this site because Dermatologist know skin better than anyone else.
buy a microdermabrasion kit (walmart) and use that as it says and the scars should fade..

No comments:

Post a Comment